Tis the season for some Chai! (You might have seen it here before) and today I give to you the recipe!
|Homemade Chai Concentrate||
Recipe Type: Drink
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Easy home brew Chai concentrate to enjoy on those cool fall mornings. Just mix with milk (I suggest Almond milk) at a 1:1 ratio.
- 7-8 Black tea bags
- 3 Cinnamon sticks
- Peel of one orange (or zest)
- 3 Anise stars = 1 TBS if stars aren’t in tact
- 1 TBS whole cloves
- 1 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 Vanilla bean = 1/2 TBS extract
- 8 Cardamom pods
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1 TBS honey
- 1/2 TBS peppercorns (or some fresh ginger)
- 6 Cups water
- Add all ingredients to a large pot over high heat on stove. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer for 20-30 min. Let cool completely before straining and transferring to a jar with lid for storage. Will keep for one week in fridge.
- NOTES: It’s ok to throw the ingredients together without carefully measuring. Play with the flavors, you might like your chai a bit “spicier” so you could add both the peppercorns and ginger to a batch to see. When you strain the concentrate you can use cheesecloth or just a fine mesh strainer.
- Heat chai with milk at a 1:1 ratio to enjoy your tea.